Purpose: To motivate, tutor, and help freshmen to ensure that they pass all of their classes by creating a safe environment where freshmen feel comfortable asking questions and accepting academic assistance.
- Google Calendar
- Document major due dates for all classes that contain freshmen.
- Link Crew Leaders are aware of, and can make use of, deadlines for freshmen.
- Extra Support
- Access - LC Tutors
- Wolf Support
- freshmen/upperclassmen models (focus is not just freshmen)
- Super Saturdays - Wolf Support Model
- Study Sessions - Cram Sessions
- Create two major competitions where freshman form teams and are asked trivia questions on topics they’ve learned so far.
- Ask teachers for questions we can use
- Monthly/Weekly check ins.
- If a student is failing a class then they will be personally invited to join an extra support session. (It would be great if their LC leader did it with them.)
- Consistently remind freshman that they have the support to be academically successful.
- LC Alerts - Put in teachers’ boxes (every 3 weeks)
- Connect with Ms. Hernandez
- How to tutor
- Leading Questions not answers
- What skills freshmen need
- LC leaders model service by showing up to the events.